5 November, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 6 November, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Living in Canberra’s winters and summers is made joyful and easy in this wonderful solar passive house and garden. The garden’s 40 year history is present in the old fruit trees, remnant pine trees, an old camellia, Alister Clark roses, and the curved pathways, steps, and rock structures. New courtyards, garden beds, steps and paths follow the original template. New plantings include local indigenous species wherever possible, annuals, pollinators, and seasonal vegetables, and a ‘guerrilla’ garden out into the urban ‘park’ planted with mainly local grassland species.
In addition to the open garden, there will be:
- 10 am-2 pm Sat and Sun – market stall selling garden themed gifts (electronic payment available and preferred) and tea and cake
- 11 am and 3 pm Sat and Sun – Solar passive house talk
- 2 pm Sat – Concert by ‘Wattas’
Sarah’s garden notes are available.
- Eventbrite bookings are required for all non-members except children.
- Members of Open Gardens Canberra are not required to book a ticket.
- You can renew your membership and join Open Gardens Canberra on Join-It.
Supported charity: Grow the music
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
For an explanation of the icons we use, click here
All gardens are open from 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
Garden entry is free for members, and members don't need to book.
Visitor booking and entry:
Garden entry is $10.00 for visitors 18 years and over.
Special pricing may apply to some openings.
Visitors can use the Eventbrite link in the garden description above to book and pay for their tickets.
Join Open Gardens Canberra for only $30 and all gardens are free for the membership year (to end June).