You can find our COVIDsafe plan here. As always, we are taking safety at our events seriously. After careful consideration we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of attendees and volunteers:
- We are implementing a booking system for all garden attendees to limit the numbers attending the open garden each hour
- Hand sanitiser will be available for use by attendees
- Where appropriate there will be directional signage through gardens to manage the flow of attendees
- Volunteers at reception will be provided with masks, gloves and hand sanitiser
- Volunteers will be asked to wipe down tables with antiseptic wipes regularly
- The booking system will record contact details should there be a need to contact attendees in the future
We have consulted with staff, in ACT Health, who have advised that the measures we plan to take are appropriate.
We will expect attendees to book a ticket to attend open gardens and show that ticket to the volunteers at the reception table. Attendees should also practice correct social distancing and use of hand sanitiser whilst at the garden. If an attendee exhibits symptoms of Covid-19 after an open garden they should email our President, Chris Lord, at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping you safe. We thank you for your patience and flexibility as we manage this situation.